Monday, July 30, 2012

Change

Last night we went to the Hollywood Bowl and saw "The Producers" which,if you like Mel Brooks, was hysterical! Husband and I went I bought new clothes, we took yummy goodies and had an awesome night! I finally broke through a huge plateau in my weight loss this week and after bouncing back and forth for 3 weeks. I have lost 86 pounds now...still trips me out. I was wearing the smallest pair of Hudson black skinny jeans that I ever thought I would ever wear. I looked and felt amazing it was one of those outfits that just made me so aware of my body and how much it has changed. I hate spending money on expensive clothes midway through my journey but I know how important it is to see and feel my success to know how great my progress has been. I plan on going down one last size at least so I try to buy limited new size clothes as I go.

So, for the Bowl if your not familiar it's a large outdoor amphitheater. The best part about seeing a show there is you can bring your own food and drink including wine. I packed cucumber slices with mango salsa,fresh guacamole and carrot sticks, almond cranberry bites and a gigantic container of fresh strawberries. We had an amazing bottle of Cabernet and I was in heaven feasting on these treats. The best part was it seemed completely unplanned it was just stuff I picked up there was no like. "ugh I HAVE to pack healthy stuff!" (here is where the change part starts) I was eating stuff that tasted good to me and I was enjoying every minute of it. I never felt deprived or that I was missing out on something. Husband turned to me at intermission and said "this is a lot
different than the last time we were here!" at first thoughts came through my head I was about 8 weeks pregnant the last time we were there and I weighed about 60lbs more than I did last night. He also mentioned the change in our menu. It was fried chicken and a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. Haha, not that you can't have that stuff. But, I realized even more how much I have changed. The rest of my strawberries were just as sweet as the success that I felt sitting in my overpriced jeans.

Progress will not happen unless you make changes. Of course this is not easy and it will be difficult at first but before you know it things will have changed and it will be just a part of you!

Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment