Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Recipe Recap

This week I made some yummy light meals and thought I would share some for inspiration. My culinary background allows me to play with food and flavors maybe more freely than I should. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't and that's fine by me! I have come up with some interesting ideas and mostly love all of them. I was on pinterest earlier in the week and got some inspiration for some meatless dishes as well as my typical "lc"(low carb,low calorie) ideas!

My first inspiration was playing with fruit in sweet and savory dishes. I made a grilled peach portabello burger. I really have been playing with flavors and really just saying would I put this on a meat burger? Sure,let's try on a meatless option! I grilled a portobello cap in george foremen grill. I then grilled sliced peaches and topped my "burger" with them. The combination of the 2 were awesome!

My next creation was a skinny eggplant Parmesan with Caprese chicken (mozzarella,tomato and basil). I made the eggplant by whisking some eggwhites and Dredging eggplant slices in egg then whole wheat flour. I pan fried in Pam and seriously I could eat this all day!! I sprinkled with parmesan and popped in toaster over while I grilled a butterflied chicken breast then topped with sliced tomato,basil and mozzarella again browning in oven to melt cheese! I served with salad and made a yummy lunch.

Yesterday I also tried some zucchini fritters! These are great snacks or side item. These consist of shredded 2 zucchini,1 egg white,3 tbsp of whole wheat flour. I pan fried with Pam and made little Fritters and I let brown on each side about 5 mins.

Hope you have a great weekend! Play with some flavors and happy cooking, and eating,haha!

Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment