Monday, July 16, 2012

Never Say Never

Oh sweet, sweet Jesus! Yup, I have been kind of keeping a secret and no... I'm not pregnant nor have any intention to ever become pregnant again,haha! Okay, so, my secret is I am running a marathon! Like a fuuuuuuuulllll marathon, what!?! I KNOW!

So, when I look back at the moment I crossed the finish line of my first half marathon and how I fully recollect standing in the lobby of my hotel saying "I have NO intention,none, zilch to ever run a full marathon!" hahaha! I ran my first half in Long Beach and I did not properly train, I mean, I trained but I didn't as well as I should have, and I got worked! I finished and it was magical but it could have been way better. The next race I did was the Orange County half and I trained and did beyond amazing, I loved every minute of it! So, after doing that one I have a couple blogger friends who were all gung-ho to do a full and dreams of Boston are thrown around as if we are already qualified and then begins the contemplating "hmmm, I may actually consider this."

A couple of weeks ago I decided that if I was going to ACTUALLY do this I was gonna DO it. So, I already knew which one I wanted to run and of course its Hawaii related,haha! I also wanted to run for a cause other than myself. I looked into some fundraising programs and came across the Team 2 End Aids LA and knew this was a program I could not only compete in but also raise money and awareness for a great cause!

I have already started training and have joked with other members of the team as to weather which will prove to be more challenging raising $3200.00 or running 26.2 miles! Haha, I had one friend tell me she will pay me $3200.00 to never have to run 1 mile let alone 26.2 :-)

I am so very looking forward to first of all contributing and being apart of something bigger than myself. Second, challenging myself to doing something that even last year I never imagined I would be doing and of course going to Hawaii to do that!

I hope that you can join me in my efforts and help me to be able to accomplish some great things for a great organization and in return I promise to run 26.2 miles so that you don't have to! If you would like to donate any amount would be GREATLY appreciated. You can do that on my fundraising page, HERE!!!

Mahalo!




No comments:

Post a Comment