Saturday, November 5, 2011

Breakfast...Favorite Meal O' The Day!

Okay so breakfast is hands down my favorite,no really it is! haha But these delightful treats I whipped up last night are beginning to sway me... but, in the ooohhh so right direction.

In addition to my fondness for breakfast and all things sweet I am so addicted to Pinterest.com it has become such a fun way to put all of my favorite things in one amazing online space. I have created so many fun,useful and yummy creations and last nights were inspired by a recent pin.

I decided that I needed to make...watch out please..."Maple French Toast and Bacon Cupcakes!!!"

Really?!!? cupcakes with bacon!?! Yes, its soooo true! I used the disguise of making these delectable treats as a sort of "Good luck on your first day back in the Army" for my husband. But, really that was just a cover for me wanting to create and TASTE the most amazing yumminess I have made since the brownie,chocolate chip cookie, Oreo bars...hahaha!

So, First I took I box of French Vanilla cake mix, mixed according to directions minus 1/4 cup of water and substituted with Mrs. Buttersworth.


Then I chopped 5 pieces of cooked to crisp bacon and folded into my mixed cake batter.

Pour batter 3/4 full in cupcake wrappers and bake for 35 mins at 325 degrees...

While Baking gather ingredients for frosting. P.S. this is the most amazing cream cheese frosting I have ever used....

1/4 cup Mrs. Buttersworth
8 oz package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
2 cups sifted Powdered Sugar

Cream together room temp butter and cream cheese, add syrup and sugar and blend on high to incorporate air till fluffy and smooth.

Apply frosting as you wish and top all cupcakes with chopped bacon pieces.


Next step....eat them, enjoy them and repeat as needed....:-)
Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment