Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend Review and Currently

We had such a great week and weekend. So many fun things happening all around us.

This weekend we started a couple projects with the girls and got to spend so much time together. 

The first project we did was the girls ABC books. Greens loves tracing her letters and reciting the appropriate words with the matching letters. Pen enjoys using a marker and being creative. 



We also introduced the girls to scissors. They have their very own training scissors and did pretty well for their first go at it. 

The project for this weekend was our paper chain. I love doing countdowns and this was a great way for the girls to visually see the days before we go on vacay. We leave in a couple weeks to visit our family in Indiana! I'm so excited and cannot wait to spend time and make more amazing memories with this group I married into. I am so truly blessed and look forward to so many different adventures with my hubbs and dumplings.


           Here is our countdown!!!!!

Saturday night after the girls went to sleep I got the chance to watch a Redbox movie I had been waiting to see FOREVER! The movie was "Intouchables" It's a foreign film based on a true story set in Paris. It has subtitles and just a great feel good foreign film. 
 
I also tried a little hair project...

I am a Groupon fan and love buying stuff that I would love to try but don't want to pay the full cost for. I found these "Goody Summer Wave" rollers. I had seen these before and groupon had them for about $5.00. So, I bought them.I tried them. Verdict: Ehhhhh.... They are okay the wave was a little tight and if I used more hair they would not close all the way because of the length of my hair. I would use them again and play around with them a bit.
 
 

Currently....

Working on: Being more creative! I have sooo many delightful areas in my life to use my creative skills. I looove cooking and baking and I love being able to use it in my personal life and not my career right now.

Obsessing over: Rachel Khoo!!!! She's British and a crazy, amazing chef and creative gal! Need to buy her cookbook and blog my way through the recipes. 

Thinking about: Remembering that "today is the tomorrow you were so worried about yesterday" not to stress!

Listening to: if you have seen my spotify activity it's been all jazz lately! Sydney Bechet- Parisian jazz/blues is the background music I hear if my life were a film! 

Eating: nonsense,lol! I have been such a carboholic lately. Challah( rich egg bread) doesn't stand a chance if I see it in sight! 

Thankful for: my 2 little girls with whom i get to enjoy,learn from, teach, mold, dance, sing, list goes on! I am also thankful for my jobs. One is easy going and serene. The other is lively and fun! It's a great balance to keep me enjoying both.

Planning for: VACATION I'm so excited to just spend precious time with my loves and escape the back and forth's and everyday stuff we do here. :-) 

Have a great Week, Mahalo!

No comments:

Post a Comment