Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Monday!

What a delightful weekend for our little family! Friday I was blessed to spend all day with my Greenlee! We hit all the hot spots Starbucks, Marshall's, Nordy's and Corner Bakery for some lunch. I then got some time to go dancing with friends at The Ranch in OC. Which I'm always grateful for no cover with a military ID. It was nice to unwind and catchup with friends after an eventful week!

We have been prepping this week for daddy's return from Germany, yay! So, when ever Michael goes for the Army I try to do something around the house as a surprise for his return home. Last time I painted the dining room and kitchen. I love doing stuff at home and my style borders bo-ho, shabby chic-esque. I love feeling like we live in a little escape from reality in our little cottage.It's eclectic, comfy and it's where we call home.

So, the room that was next to handle was our bathroom. Greenlee wanted a pink bathroom, of course,Ha! Well, we did compromise and we settled on a coral pink color which we all seemed to like! I still need a new maybe paisley or busy, colorful print shower curtain to pull it all together!

I was so excited to go pick up my love and enjoy some time before we went and got the kids and headed home. There is a place in Echo Park I have been wanting to try called Mohawk Bend. It was just the place to get cozy with my man after being gone all month. They have a HUGE collection of craft beer and a great organic menu. I had a great burger with sweet potato fries and a yummy IPA called Rebellion. Mike had the fish and chips which were amaaaazing!

Upon our return home Mike gave us some gifts he brought back for us. He got me the most crazy, cool box of German chocolates that had different liqueurs. Let me just tell ya that the German version actually have liquid liqueurs in them not just flavored goo! You could breath fire after one of them! They were so yummy and mike knows my love of first chocolate but also my love to reuse cute,intricate wooden boxes which these came in!

We had a wonderful weekend and now planning a fun filled week together to enjoy being reunited. Time apart is hard but the best part is taking a step back and realizing the importance of sharing our lives together. How much we value and appreciate each other and not taking any time together for granted. Being married is a journey and just like any other aspect of our lives you get out of it exactly what you put in to it! With busy lives and so much nonsense in our world It's so important to make it a priority and give it the attention it deserves. I'm so happy he's home and can't wait for our next set of adventures!

Mahalo,

Dina









No comments:

Post a Comment