Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Oatmeal..in my smoothie!?

So, there has been so many different recipes posted on Pinterest lately using oatmeal inside of a smoothie. Of course I was intrigued so this morning I finally got around to it. I like to usually have something with protein after working out (especially a 2 hr workout that I did this morning, go me and my booty! :-) ) so I like to use Greek yogurt in my smoothies or I use a protein shake. The protein shake I used this morning was a Muscle Man protein shake and one of those bottles I use will make 2 smoothies. A full one is way too many calories for me so using half and half the other day works great! So here's the deal on the oatmeal I blended mine in the magic bullet mixer to make a powder and then added it in to ensure an even consistency.


Oatmeal,Protein berry-banana Smoothie

1/2 frozen banana cut up (I like to have at least one fruit that's frozen so that way you don't need ice and makes a better texture)
1 cup your choice protein shake or 1 cup Greek yogurt
mix berries
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup raspberries
2 Tbsp quick oats, blended to powder

blend and enjoy- 4 ww pp (3,1 c protein shake and 1 for oatmeal)


Mahalo!


Dina :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment