Thursday, May 3, 2012

The morning at home!

So, Last night I was on Pinterest and I found a recipe for a yummy apple cake!! I just bought some green apples and decided this would be such a great way to enjoy them. I found the recipe here

I did modify to make a more skinny version with an appropriate amount of WW points. This little piece of heaven comes out to about 4pts. I don't add fruit in the recipe builder on etools because fruit is free and if I'm just eating one peice of cake it's a fruit :-))

So I adapted the recipe... Here is my version!

3/4 cup + 1 tbsp all purpose whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 very large apples, peeled, cored and chopped into 1-inch chunks
1 large eggs
3/4 cup splenda
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.

Whisk the eggs in another bowl until foamy, then add the splenda Whisk until smooth and incorporated. Add the vanilla. Mix well.

Alternately add the flour and applesauce in two batches. Mix well and gently after each addition to have a smooth batter.

Fold in the apples with a spatula. Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spatula.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top of the cake is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.

Since the cake is really moist, it is best to keep it uncovered or lightly covered at room temperature. I have also found out that it tastes better if you heat it quickly in the microwave for a few seconds before eating.

Seriously yummy!!! Splenda is pretty sweet I think next time I will only use 1/2 c instead of 3/4 c.

2 comments:

  1. That looks sooo good! Thanks for posting. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was yummy and not too crazy calorie wise :-) It had a texture of cobbler even like a bread pudding because of the moisture in the apples!
    A

    ReplyDelete