Saturday, October 1, 2011

Just Because

I love that we do so many things in life for certain reasons but there are somethings I love doing just because. I love not having any intention or expectation of response or something in return but the pure joy that comes from the journey or the end result. The Lord is working always but more so in myself then I have allowed him to it seems or may be the simple fact that I am just being still long enough to feel it.

The last month I have lost an additional two pounds and am so beyond content with that at this point which makes me smile. I have eight additional that I would like to loose but could really take it or leave it :-). Spending more time at home and being able to do more things with Mike and the girls is so where my heart is. Time is sooooooo (really not enough O's,haha) much more important to me and precious at this point. Which is really answering my question of fulfillment and where it comes from and to me the way I live my life as a whole is my fulfillment.

and then there was Pinterest.... haha! My job allows for a lot of downtime and therefore I am a full fledged addict. Alas, this has lead to inspiration beyond belief and I have started a couple projects just because. Because Greens wanted a cake at her pretend party where the guests of honor are Mickey, Thomas, Toby, Queen and Mater and the rest of her car/tractor/big rig/transportation vehicle collection. I also just felt like making a cake because I had not done one in far too long....
First layer carrot cake with cream cheese butter cream
rolled out some fondant flowers in orange, my fav color of the moment, and my all time fav green!
Yay Greens cute little party cake!

I also decided Greenlee needed a new little dress so I proceeded with craft time after the girls were asleep and had maybe 2 ok 3 glasses of wine...haha!
of course "choo choo" dress
I saw this fabric and knew that we needed a dress outta this stat!


So that was my night super fun and Just because my only intention was a smile on Greenlees face. I guess I lied when I said I didn't expect anything because I knew she would love both and be smiling and that's all I ever really want for her always!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment